We came across this survey conducted by Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC and CNET. They offer a ton of stats related to the Smarthome and what is driving adoption. Of those surveyed currently using smart home technology, 81% said they would be more likely to buy a home if smart technology, such as connected lighting, thermostats, remote-access security and smart locks, was already installed. And 91% of those who currently own smart home products would recommend the technology. Other findings include:
- 87% say the technology makes their lives easier.
- More than half (57%) of Americans who own smart home products say the technology saves them time and at an average of almost 30 minutes per day.
- The technology is saving owners of smart home products money. 45% of Americans say that, on average, their smart home technology saves them over $1,100 a year.
- 72% say smart home products provide them with peace of mind when it comes to home security.
- Parents with children under age 18 are almost twice as likely to have smart home products (42% of those with children vs. 23% of those with no children).
- Parents were also more likely to have made their home “smart” when they moved in (68% of those with children vs. 50% of those with no children).
Security is top of mind for those with kids. 78% of parents say smart home products provide peace of mind, while only 68% of those without children agreed with the statement.
Among all respondents, 59% of parents said they would be willing to pay more for a home with smart home technology installed. This is significantly higher than the 47% of those without children.